Health and Family Welfare Department , Purulia
Tribal Health ProjectThis project is mainly focused on Sabar & Bihore community in 10 selected Blocks in Purulia – Baghmundi, Balarampur, Jhalda, Bandwan, Barabazar, Manbazar-II, Manbazar-I, Hura, Puncha, Purulia-I. These 10 Blocks chattered services in 171 villages in 51 Sub-Centre area.
- Provide integrated and quality public health care service.
- Assess the unmet needs of RCH services in different tribal communities.
- Promote community participation and intersectoral co-ordination.
- Develop 1st referral services and tackling emergencies.
- Training of the local tribal persons/TBAs to act as link volunteers in the block / SC areas.
Weekly mobile & out reach clinics are to be organized at the Sub-centre level engaging one M.O & Health Staff within the catchments.This Programme was launched in Purulia in September,2007.
The Voucher Scheme is a demand – side financing/targeted subsidy scheme designed to ensure availability of free transportation for institutional delivery for the poor and vulnerable families. Under the scheme, the eligible beneficiaries do not have to pay for the transportation for institutional delivery, but can avail the Ambulance services to and from the health institution in lieu of a voucher used by the mother.
This Scheme is expected to be implemented in June’09.
In this scheme, SC, ST & BPL pregnant mothers can avail free medical services form accredited health facilities. The beneficiaries will get the following services free of cost from the accredited health facility –
- Delivery ( Normal/Assisted/CS )
- Essential New Born Care ( Upto 28 days ).
In Purulia only one health facility, The Leprosy Mission has been accredited under this scheme for providing services.
Long Lasting Bed Net Distribution among Pregnant Women
- Total 20,000 Long Lasting Bed Net ( LLBN ) was supplied by UNICEF after considering the proposal submitted by Dy. Chief Medical Officer of Health – II.
- Each family of pregnant mother will receive 2 long lasting bed nets.
- Total families covered will be 10,000.
- Selected Blocks are :-
a). Jhalda – I
b). Jhalda – II
- The prospective ANC Registration in these blocks for current year was received from PMU.
- A mechanism has been developed for compliance, regular use & impact assessment of the distribution.
- The bed nets will be distributed on ANC Registration irrespective of APL/BPL status.
- Expected outcome is to prevent malaria induced anemia in pregnancy & Low Birth Weight baby in the stable transmission areas of the District.
(Source: C.M.O.H Purulia)