Health and Family Welfare Department , Purulia
NETAJI HOSPITAL : Ramchandrapur, Purulia
Ramchandrapur Netaji Hospital started in a remote village Ramchandrapur, West-Bengal with 10 beds in the year 1953 under the name – Netaji Eye & General Hospital. This hospital has since developed it self into a 242 bedded Eye care institution. It has been rendering free treatment for the last 50 years to thousands of poor and helpless patients coming from different and distant parts of the country.
Presently, this well-equipped hospital is quite poised to provide updated quality eye care service with the help of its dedicated teams of Doctors, Staff members and a host of sophisticated Instruments at its command. All such features have helped NETAJI EYE HOSPITAL to earn the due name and fame for rendering quality eye treatment in the Eastern part of India. During the year under report 1,25,285 patients were treated directly at Hospital and 16,732patients were treated through Outreach Camps. In-patient department 10,790 patients were admitted out of which 10,494 quality surgeries were performed successfully. The rest patients were under treatment in the In-patient department. Now Netaji Eye Hospital, rendering quality services throughout the year treating more than 1,30,000 patients in OPD, 10,790 patients in In-patient dep’t. and 10,494 quality surgeries in the year. A new OPD building of the hospital with most modern facilities was inaugurated by Sri Atri Bhattacharya, District Magistrate, Purulia on 24th April 2000 to cope up with the ever increasing Patient rush.
NETAJI EYE HOSPITAL (INFRASTRUCTURE& FACILITIES)
- Registration starts from 7-30 a.m. and continues up to 12-00 noon. New, Review & Admission patients have separate Counters. Identity Card with Medical Record Number is given to all patients, which is required in follow-up and future reference.
- Medical Records of all patients treated in Out-patient Department including surgical cases are being preserved. In the year under review, the hospital treated 1,39,017 out- patients which includes direct Registration starts from 7-30 a.m. and continues up to 12-00 noon.
- New, Review & Admission patients have separate Counters. Identity Card with Medical Record Number is given to all
Patients, which is required in follow-up and future reference. Medical Records of all patients treated in Out-patient Department including surgical cases are being preserved.
- In the year under review, the hospital treated 1,39,017 outpatients which includes direct patients to the Hospital (Eye) 1,21,465, Out reach Camps (Eye) 16,732, General & Emergency 820.
- Homeo Physician-l, Dental Surgeon-I, Pathologist-I, Managers-4, Supportive Staff-23: (Office, Re~. Record, Store & Optical-Medicine Centre), Qualified and trained Nurses-34, Qualified in house trained Sevikas IPD-26, Pharmacist-I, X-Ray-ECG Technician-I, Qualified Lab-Technicians-3, Trained Ophthalmic Assistants-I4 (OPD), Trained OT. Asstts.-IO
- Trained ORC Field Workers-2, Qualified & trained Electrical & Instrument Technicians-3, Trained helpers-5, Experienced Housekeeping, Cleaning & Sanitation Worker, Driver and Security Staff-39, Trainees in different Fields-64, Total-252.
(Source: C.M.O.H Purulia)